These are all the things I’ve tagged with, well, “advice for investigators and converts.” Most are responses to a question or comment from someone (a few are reblogs, a few are more like free-form essays.)
Anyway, they’re all, you know, advice. For investigators. And converts!
I love David Tennant and pretty much will forever. Sigh.
To be able to enjoy watching “The Waters of Mars.”
This is not one of those hours. Skipping straight on to “The End of Time,” yeeeeup.
Seriously, he’s the father of the ward. You’re supposed to go to him when you have questions or need help. If no one did that, bishops would have nothing to do.
This goes for temporal welfare - getting evicted, feeling suicidal, not having enough to eat, getting dumped, flunking out of school - as much as it does for obviously spiritual stuff like needing to confess your transgressions.
Other related words include pathos, pathology, and pathetic.
I kind of feel like they all fit just now.
And just now I realized the linguistic relationship between “antipathy" and "sympathy.”
(I was trying to figure out what the negative or opposite of “sympathy” was. Literally, I invented the word antipathy just now - I was halfway through arguing with myself as to whether or not it should be a word when I realized that it already is one. One that I use quite a bit in daily life! More often than I use “sympathy,” in fact.)
((The word that means “the opposite word of” is antonym… as compared to synonym. I feel like I should give my SAT score back.)
Today - and I warn you, there’s some seriously adult content ahead - I did some stuff:
- I took my medication as prescribed
- I got all of my laundry done
- I went to work and took care of several urgent matters
- I returned all my phone calls in a timely fashion
- I sent an inquiry about car repairs on the same day I scraped my door against a pylon
- I said “thank you” to the person who held the elevator for me, and held the door for several other people
- I tipped the waitress generously
- I bought some really sturdy diabetic walking shoes
- I gave advice and suggestions to several people who asked for help
Still on my to-do list are:
- Eating a healthy dinner
- Getting to bed early
- Studying the scriptures
I know, shocking stuff. No children under 17 admitted to this show!
(Mostly because of child labor laws and compulsory education.)